The institute has designed this course to prepare students for the GCE ‘O’ level examination. This certification has global recognition and helps students get admission into junior colleges and the polytechnic institute of Singapore. The students can also get admission into colleges of the commonwealth if they score well here. Keep reading to know more about the o level course.
Structure of the curriculum
The subjects of the course are part of the Singapore board curriculum, and the institute updates them regularly based on any changes. The teachers have the proper qualifications and experience to help the students reach their goals and perform to the best of their abilities.
The subjects of the course are Chemistry, Physics, English, Mathematics, Additional Mathematics, and Principles of Accounts.
- 4048 Mathematics– This is a core subject that contains the concepts of algebra, geometry, measurement, statistics, number, and probability.
- 1128 English– This core subject gives you key points like listening, oral communication, writing comprehension, and proficiency in the language.
- 4049 Additional Mathematics– It is an elective subject that contains the topics like trigonometry, calculus, algebra, and geometry.
- 6091 Physics- This elective subject contains the concepts of thermal physics, electricity, waves, magnetism, and Newtonian physics.
- 6092 Chemistry– This elective subject covers the topics like periodicity, atomic structure and stoichiometry, the chemistry of reactions, atmosphere, and organic chemistry.
- 7087 Principles of Accounts- This elective subject includes the concepts of accounting procedures, double entry of book-keeping, fundamentals of preparing final accounts, analysis, and interpretation of final accounts.
The two core subjects are compulsory while out of the four elective subjects, students have the option to choose only three of them.
About the classes
- The classes run full-time and part-time depending upon the needs of the students. The entire course will take 1-3 years to finish depending upon the English proficiency of students.
- The classes last for three hours from Monday to Friday in the morning batch from 9-12 and the afternoon batch from 1-4.
- The minimum age to get admission should be 15 years from the 1st of January in the GCE registration year.
- The students need to give the English, Mathematics, and Physics tests to prove their proficiency and get admission.
It is a good option for the students who want to get admission into reputed colleges and want the best training. If you think your children are one of them, contact the institute now.