The popularity of this online game has resulted in people buying shared/dedicated servers for themselves to host. So it is very important to understand the basic hardware requirement needed before you buy one. If you opt to host your server from your system it might consume all of your storage resources. This will result in a slow down of the system. That’s the reason you should opt to buy your Minecraft server hosting services.
Opt for the right processor – Have a processor that has a high clock speed, more cores, and threads.
Space – You need to have a maximum drive space if you are looking to host more players. Use SSD for the server OS.
RAM – Playing these games occupies a lot of your RAM. Always prefer to have more RAM, because this decides how effectively you can the number of players. A basic requirement you need at least 1 GB of RAM. Having said that, you always need room to have more RAM, for you to add more plug-ins and add ons.
Be considerate, because too much allocation can lead to slow running of the server.
Always have a backup to store your files, if in case the system crashes. You might lose your data in case of a crash or power loss.
Operating System – Choose the best operating system, that supports your games edition. Choosing the right one can save you from sacrificing your CPU, RAM, and disk drives.
Bandwidth: Have the right bandwidth. If you see any problem in your gaming experience, you can always connect with your hosting support team to fix your issue.
Other key points:
- Always have enough RAM, otherwise, you see a slow performance of your site. Have a better understanding of your requirement, that can help you to optimize your server’s performance.
- Choose your RAM based on the OS that you use. You should also consider the traffic of your site and leave room to add more users in the future.
- There are options to customize your need for RAM. Choose the one that offers you the best customization.
Risks of having your own host server:
- As I pointed out before, hosting the server from your computer can consume most of your resources. Also, you need to set up a port of your own and share your IP address for the players to join.
- When you share your IP address publicly, you are prone to cyber-attacks on your home network. That’s a major risk involved.
- Now, you know the risk of having your own server and the advantages of using the server hosting services. The other important requirement is network speed. This can be slow if incase your local or home network is not that great.
- However, the server hosting providers offers you the best network bandwidth and quality.
- They also provide more attention to the DDoS attacks and are good at suspecting them using their most advanced hardware and software solutions.
These are the basic hardware requirements to set up a Minecraft server hosting. With this, you will be able to find the best server hosting providers.