What Everyone Must Know About Diabetes Insurance In Singapore?
Diabetes is the type of disease in which there is increased blood sugar level. A hormone known as insulin mainly helps in moving sugar from the blood into different cells of the body. The person who is mainly suffering from diabetes is mainly not able to make sufficient insulin. Some of the important facts about diabetes insurance Singapore have been discussed in this article.
Top facts to know about the diabetes insurance
Most health insurance plans do not offer coverage for diabetes patients. Even if some plans do, they mainly come with a waiting period of 2 to 3 years for some of the pre-existing diseases like diabetes. In the case of diabetes health insurance, the patient does not have any waiting period. The person who is diagnosed with diabetes needs to take the medication on a regular basis. The patient needs to take daily medication, do monthly health check-ups, insulin injections, lab tests, blood check-ups, as well as doctor consultations among others. This can lead to financial pressure along with mental stress on the patient as well as their family. Some of the benefits of opting for diabetic insurance are as follows:
- As mentioned earlier there is no waiting period for the patients. They mainly get coverage from the day they mainly purchase the policy
- The patients mainly get coverage for treatments as well as medications at a hospital
- The diabetes-related healthcare charges are mainly covered 30 days before as well as 60 days after the patient’s hospitalization.
- The ambulance charges are mainly covered for transporting the patient to a hospital.
- In case of the organ transplantation of the patient, the policy mainly pays for the harvesting as well as planting surgery
- The patients mainly get reimbursements for the necessary check-up
The procedure for getting dental insurance in Singapore
The procedure for getting dental insurance is similar to the procedure being followed to get some other types of insurance. The patient needs to submit their medical bills first, then the insurance company will reimburse their medical bills as well as hospital expenses.
In the case of the cashless payment option, the insurance company will make the payment directly to the hospital. For the type 1 and type 2 diabetic patients, the consultation fee of the dentist, the cost of medicine, as well as the diagnostic tests.
These are some of the important facts to know about dental insurance in Singapore.